Brandenburg VN-1180 Step Up Violin Outfit, 4/4
- Solid hand carved aged spruce top
- Solid hand carved aged maple sides and back
- Ebony pegs, custom fitted
- Ebony fingerboard, planed and even
- Genuine Wittner tailpiece and genuine Sacconi loop
- Fiberglass bow for better response and durability
- Wooden dart case with heavy handle
- Set up with D'addario Helicore strings - $60 value
- One year materials and workmanship warranty
How is the 1180 Violin different from the 880 series?
- Carefully carved in a small shop, this is not an assembly line import
- Hand-rubbed spirit varnish opens up the wood, allowing for more dynamic range compared to the spray-on poly finish of the 880
- Unique antiqued finish on each individual instrument
- A more finely graduated spruce top allows for a more complex and pleasing tone
- Upgraded wooden dart case offers superior protection
- Lightweight fiberglass bow is stronger and faster and resonates better than the heavier Brazilwood bow that comes with our other violins
The Brandenburg 1180 violin has a wonderful dynamic sound that is even from string to string. It boasts a subtly flamed back and has been made from a MUCH higher quality wood than the 880 models. The 1180 Violin has had more time invested into it overall, with a more finely graduated top, painstaking spirit varnish (as opposed to a spray clear coat poly finish), and paired with a better quality case with more storage.
The Brandenburg line is the best student level instrument available for the price. All Brandenburg step-up instruments are hand carved with a strong solid maple back, even-grained spruce top, commercial oil varnish, “Witner” (German) tailpieces and high-quality ebony fingerboards and fittings. Our Brandenburg 1180 Violin Outfit comes with a fiberglass horsehair bow, and lightweight wooden dart case with adequate storage.
The 1180 Violin arrives to you set up and ready to play with the bridge adjusted, the pegs fitted, and the sound post set properly. Available only in full size (4/4) in the shop, other sizes available by special order. Private teacher recommended, one year warranty here in the store. You will love it!