Selmer Paris 74F "Reference 54" Tenor Saxophone Outfit, Dark Lacquer with Engraving
This world-class instrument receives white-glove service from Conn-Selmer's professional division and ships directly to your billing address or our store, typically within 4 business days. Please give us a call for special pricing.
The Selmer Reference 54 is a professional saxophone inspired by the Mark VI model released in 1954. It integrates the Mark VI's legendary acoustic characteristics with innovative, modern key work, and better intonation. A favorite among jazz saxophonists, the Reference 54 offers a rich, full sound with an even scale and great egonomics.
The keywork of the Selmer Reference 54 saxophone utilizes a modern, ergonomic design. This instrument comes complete with shaped flight case, Selmer Paris S-80 C* mouthpiece, cap and ligature, and care products. Join the legions of jazz saxophonists that have rediscovered the sound of the legendary Mark VI and have made the Selmer Reference 54 their horn of choice. The Reference 54 takes its inspiration from a 1958 mid-70,000 serial number Mark VI. It plays and looks like a vintage Selmer, including longer bell to improve intonation and a gold lacquer finish.
- Acoustics: Reference body style-full sound
- Necks: Reference bore
- Construction: ribs
- Body material: Gold lacquer finish over yellow brass
- Mouthpiece: S-80 C*
- Mechanism: compact key positioning - closer to the body and directly under the hand
- Range: high F# key
- Front F key: spatula
- Left-hand thumb rest: plastic
- Right-hand thumb rest: metal adjustable
- Adjusting screws: high F, G# key, F#/G# lug, F#/G#, adjusting bar, low C#, low B, side C, side Bb
- Pivot screws: tapered
- Needle springs: blued steel
- Pads: treated leather with plastic resonators
- Hand-engraved bell
- Shaped flight case