Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition (Desktop/Mac/Win/TB3)
Poised to be the center of a home studio or mobile rig, the Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition desktop 10x6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface combines the sound, feel, and flow of analog studio recording with powerful DUO Core real-time UAD processing and a hearty bundle of 25 stellar UAD plug-ins.
Furnished with elite-class 24-bit / 192 kHz conversion akin to the popular Apollo X rackmount interfaces, the Apollo Twin X DUO gives musicians, producers, songwriters, and audio engineers the appreciable value of crystal-clear, high-resolution recording and mixing with low distortion (-117 dB) and immense dynamic range (127 dB).
The interface features two XLR-1/4" mic/line combo inputs and a 1/4" Hi-Z input, all with Unison integration for precise UAD emulations of classic analog preamps—impart vintage character of your choosing on microphone and instrument recordings while bypassing the unpredictable nature of old equipment.
Thanks to the switchable low-cut filter, pad, polarity inversion, 48V phantom power, and stereo linking on each analog input, you can efficiently optimize your incoming signals with straightforward buttons on the Apollo Twin X DUO's face. In addition to the two primary analog inputs, you can record up to eight more channels by connecting external preamps with ADAT or S/PDIF optical outputs to the TOSLINK optical input port on the Apollo Twin X DUO.
The built-in DUO Core processing allows you to monitor and record audio using classic analog emulations with near-zero latency and no burden on your computer's CPU. The plug-in bundle included with the Heritage Edition empowers you with 25 top-notch plug-ins ranging from vintage compressor and EQ collections to virtual guitar/bass amps and time-based processors. The included Console application provides control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings including channel-strip presets, drag-and-drop functionality, and dynamically resizable windows.
Mac and Windows drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, and more. The interface also integrates seamlessly with LUNA, Universal Audio's free Mac-based, single-window recording system with unlimited track counts and full Audio Units plug-in support.
- Musicians, Producers, and Songwriters
- High-Speed Thunderbolt 3 Connectivity
- 2 Unison Mic Preamps, 1 Hi-Z Input
- 1 Headphone Out, 4 Line/Monitor Outs
- Elite-Class 24-Bit / 192 kHz AD/DA
- External Power Supply / Mac, Windows
- Monitoring and Talkback Control, ADAT In
- DUO Core Real-Time UAD Processing
- Expandable DSP and I/O
- 25 UAD Plug-Ins & Mac Recording Software
The Apollo Twin X DUO offers a comprehensive monitor section with talkback functionality and dedicated front-panel controls for Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono functions, as well as input and output metering capabilities. In addition to the dedicated stereo monitor feed and front-panel headphone output, two 1/4" line outputs are available for connection to a second set of monitors.
At any point, you can increase the power and capability of the Apollo Twin X DUO through integration of qualified Universal Audio hardware. Up to four Apollo interfaces and six total UAD-2 devices can be combined, allowing Thunderbolt users the ability to expand their I/O and DSP without abandoning the Apollo Twin X DUO. The Thunderbolt 3 port is backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via a qualified adapter (available separately).
The Heritage Edition features the same Apollo Twin X DUO interface found in the standard edition but with more plug-ins. The standard Apollo Twin X DUO includes the Realtime Analog Classics bundle (14 plug-ins), and the Heritage Edition adds 11 more for a total of 25 revered UA-powered plug-ins.
25 Powered Plug-Ins
Includes Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle plus 11 additional plug-ins to complete the compressor, EQ, and preamp collections and provide another reverb (plug-ins support VST, RTAS, Audio Units, and AAX 64-bit for compatibility with all major DAWs):
- UA 610-A Tube Preamp and EQ (Vintage)
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ (Modern)
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection (1176LN Rev E, 1176 Rev A, and 1176AE 40th Anniversary Edition)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec MEQ-5 EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection (EQP-1A, MEQ-5, and HLF-3C)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection (LA-2A Silver, LA-2A Gray, and LA-2)
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Pure Plate Reverb
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler