Universal Audio Twin X DUO Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO is a desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with real-time UAD processing designed for high-resolution recording and mixing for musicians, producers, and audio engineers in mobile production rigs and project studios. Delivering the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording with low distortion and an immense D/A dynamic range of 127 dB, this 10 x 6 interface combines versatile inputs and outputs, a hearty plug-in bundle, and powerful UAD-2 DUO Core processing.
Designed to perform a central role in a modern studio, the Apollo Twin X DUO offers elite-class conversion akin to the Apollo X rackmount interfaces plus an array of analog and digital I/O. The interface features two XLR-1/4" combo inputs and a 1/4" Hi-Z input, all with Unison integration for UAD emulations of classic analog preamps. Each analog input boasts a switchable low-cut filter, 48V phantom power, pad, polarity inversion, and stereo linking. Digital connectivity includes a TOSLINK optical input for easy connection to external preamps with ADAT or S/PDIF optical outputs.
The built-in DUO Core processing allows you to monitor and record audio using classic analog emulations with near-zero latency. The included Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle empowers you with 14 plug-ins ranging from compressors and EQs to virtual guitar/bass amps and time-based processors. The included Console application provides control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings including channel-strip presets, drag-and-drop functionality, and dynamically resizable windows. Core Audio and Windows drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more.
The Apollo Twin X DUO offers a comprehensive monitor section with talkback functionality and dedicated front-panel controls for Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono functions, as well as input and output metering capabilities. In addition to the dedicated stereo monitor feed and front-panel headphone output, two 1/4" line outputs are available for connection to power amps or active monitors. A total of four Apollo interfaces and six total UAD-2 devices can be combined, allowing Thunderbolt users the ability to expand their I/O and DSP.
- Track, overdub, and mix with high-resolution A/D-D/A conversion and DSP-powered plug-ins
- Integrated talkback and cues for easy communication and slate functionality
- Built-in monitor controller with monitor remote functions and mono, mute, dim, and alt monitor controls
- Comprehensive front-panel metering and controls
- Unison technology provides models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking through models of vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amps with near-zero latency
- Convenient desktop form factor
- High-speed Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Mac and Windows computers (Thunderbolt cable available separately)
- Free, industry-leading phone/online technical support from knowledgeable audio engineers
Powered Plug-InsIncludes Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle, which supports VST, RTAS, Audio Units, and AAX 64-bit for compatibility with all major DAWs
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler