USED QSC RMX 2450 Power Amplifier
Used but fully functional.
Pro performance, low distortion! From QSC's workhorse RMX series, the RMX2540 power amp provides 500 watts/channel at 8 ohms; 2,400 watts at 4 ohms bridged.Overview-QSC's RMX Series amplifiers give you clean, dynamic power with the legendary QSC sound quality and reliability that pros depend on. The RMX Series delivers unmatched performance at a breakthrough price.
Muscular Power PlantThe power supply is the heart of an amplifier, converting raw AC power from the wall to clean DC for the audio circuitry. The RMX uses a powerful high-current toroidal transformer and ample filter capacitance to ensure generous energy reserves. This makes a critical difference in sound quality, allowing the amp to effortlessly punch out high-level transients, even when driving abusive 2-ohm speaker loads.
Superior PerformanceRMX amplifiers deliver true studio-quality sound. A full, complementary output circuit using the highest-grade linear output devices delivers ultra-low distortion (<0.05% THD) and a ruler-flat frequency response. SMT (Surface Mount Technology) triples small-signal component density, enabling them to pack up to 2400 watts of power in a chassis only 2 rack spaces and less than 16" deep. And unlike other designs, RMX output devices are direct-mounted to the heat sink for optimum thermal coupling and cooling.
Proven ReliabilityWith over 30 years of building amplifiers for the largest touring companies and venues around the world, you can count on QSC's reputation for designing the most reliable amps available.
Features:- Independent defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion without sacrificing peak performance.
- Selectable low-frequency filters boost system response, protect speakers and ensure low-end tightness by more precisely matching the amplifier's range to the loudspeakers.
- Barrier strip, XLR, and 1/4" balanced inputs plus Speakon and binding post outputs provide easy connections.
- Low-noise variable speed fans with rear-to-front air flow keep amplifiers and racks cool.Specs-Continuous Power Output Wattage:
- 8 Ohms: 500 W
- 4 Ohms: 750 W
- 2 Ohms: 1200 W
- 8 Ohms Bridged Mono: 1500 W
- 4 Ohms Bridged Mono: 2400 W
- Current Consumption: 10 Amps
- 20 Hz-20 kHz: 10 dB below rated power Less than 0.03% THD 4 and 8 ohms
- 1.0 kHz and below: full rated power Less than 0.03% THD 4 and 8 ohms
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz, +/- 1 dB, -3 dB points: 5 Hz-50 kHz
- Damping Factor, 1 kHz and below: Greater than 300 at 8 ohms
- Input Impedance: 10 k ohms unbalanced, 20 k ohms balanced
- Input Clipping: 10 Vrms (+22 dB)
- Cooling: Continuously variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
Connectors, each channel:
- Input: Active balanced; barrier strip, XLR and 1/4 in. (6.3mm) TRS tip and XLR pin 2 positive
- Output: touch-proof binding posts and Neutrik Speakon
- Front: AC switch, Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 gain knobs
- Rear: 10-position DIP switch
- Power On: Green LED
- Signal: Yellow LED, 1 per channel
- Clip: Red LED, 1 per channel
- Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, ultrasonic, and RF protection
- Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Load Protection: On/off muting, AC coupling (850, 1450), triac crowbar (2450, on each channel)