USED Strymon BigSky Multidimensional Reverb Pedal
Clear Skies Ahead
Plug into BigSky and instantly lift your sound into the stratosphere. The world below you fades into the distance, and you elevated into a glow of lush, glorious, radiant reverbs.
To create a reverb experience as natural, beautiful, and immersive as BigSky required tremendous feats of sound engineering and artistic imagination. Using the fundamentals of acoustical science as our beacon, we carefully studied and scien... ntifically analyzed reverb technology from the past fifty years. We faithfully captured the essence of these classic sounds, and forged ahead to dream up our vision of reverbs from the future.
Go where no reverb has gone before.
Feel the mechanical tension of the Spring reverbs. Hear the floating particles of the Cloud machine. Defy the laws of physics with the Nonlinear reverbs. Unleash the multi-head reverberations of the Magneto machine. BigSky gives you twelve studio-class reverb machines, each with simple yet powerful controls.
12 Unique Reverb Machines
BigSky gives you twelve studio-class, musically inspirational reverb machines.
Diffused reflections and slower-building density are the hallmarks of this beautiful and versatile reverb. The Concert size is well-balanced, spacious and warm, while the Arena size is huge, enveloping and booming.
The Plate machine is a rich, fast-building reverb that creates depth without early reflection cues to a specific environment. The Tone knob and Low End parameter are simple but powerful frequency shaping tools.
The standalone spring tank became a staple of surf and spaghetti-western music that developed in the ’60s. The Spring machine allows for complete customization from warm and mellow to splashy and dripping with its Tone and Mix Controls, Dwell parameter, and selectable number of springs.
The Swell machine brings in the reverb gradually behind the dry signal for subtle evolving textures, like having a volume pedal on the wet signal. Alternatively, you can choose to have the dry signal swelled into the reverb, for maximum ambience and atmosphere.
In the ‘90s, more diffusion blocks were added to reverbs to ‘smooth out’ the sound. A side effect of this was the tendency of the reverbs to have a slowly building envelope that ‘bloomed’, resulting in big ambient reverbs that sit nicely with the dry signal even at high Mix levels. The Bloom reverb features a ‘bloom generating’ section that feeds into a traditional reverb ‘tank’, and adds a unique Feedback parameter that expands the possibilities exponentially.
A gorgeously big, ambient reverb that draws from techniques developed in the late ’70s. Using processing power not dreamed of in those days, the Cloud reverb machine obscures the distinction between reality and fantasy.
A vocal choir accompanies your music. Choose vowel ranges and intensities to customize your choir as it sings in venues that vary with the Decay knob. As the Modulation is increased, the choir becomes alive with multitude of voices.
Two tunable voices add pitch-shifted tones to the reverberated signal, for resplendent, unearthly ambience. The voices are carefully created from the reverberated signal itself to generate maximum radiance and beauty. The Amount and Mode parameters allow for a range of shimmer effects from laid-back and subtle to full-blown majestic splendor.
A new style of music emerged in the late ’50s, featuring the guitar as the ‘lead voice’ enhanced by the reverberated wash of a multi-head echo. The Magneto machine sets up a multi-head echo with all heads on, while the PreDelay knob adds feedback. The Diffusion parameter adds a new dimension of ambience, smearing the response of the heads and blurring the line between delay and reverb.
A variety of physics-defying reverb shapes are available for special effects and unique textures. Choose from three ‘backwards’ shapes (Swoosh, Reverse, and Ramp), or a Gate and more. Feedback control, Late Reverb, and Diffusion parameters allow for a vast array of time-warped possibilities.
The Reflections machine is a psycho-acoustically accurate small-space reverb that allows you to move your amp anywhere in the room. The Reflections algorithm precisely calculates 250 reflections based on the source position within the chosen room shape. The psycho-acoustic modifiers adjust for human auditory perception to create unparalleled ambient-space realism to dry instrument or vocal tracks.
A versatile room algorithm that creates environments ranging from well-tuned studio ambience to larger night club acoustics. The Tone knob, Diffusion and Low End parameters adjust the damping and scattering effects of room materials, furniture, and people.
Simple Yet Powerful Controls
- Simple ControlsWe’ve gone to extraordinarily lengths to craft BigSky to empower your creativity without getting in the way of it.
- We’ve hand-picked the most essential reverb controls, and tailored their range and functionality so that sounds can be created effortlessly without extended tweaking.
- 300 Built-In Presets
- 300 PresetsBigSky gives you the option to instantly save and recall up to 300 of your own presets.
- Easily bank up or down through your presets using the front panel switches.
- Give each preset its own custom name to appear on the display.
- You can even select presets via an external MIDI controller.
Expression Pedal Control
- Expression Pedal ControlPlug in an expression pedal and control any knob or combination of knobs, including parameters assigned to Param knobs, all saveable per preset.
- Or plug in an external momentary Tap switch for remote control of Pre-Delay (or Decay time with the Magneto and Nonlinear machines).
- Assignable KnobsDo you like to tweak some knobs more than others? BigSky gives you the ability to assign custom parameters to the two Param knobs on the front panel, all saveable per preset.
- Bring your most used menu parameters to the front panel, allowing a very quick way to tweak your sound on the fly.
Spillover / Reverb Persist
- Reverb SpilloverEngage Spillover to allow reverb decays to “spill over” from one preset to the next.
- You can also turn on Reverb Persist to allow your reverb decay trails to continue even after you hit bypass.
- Extensive MIDI Support
- MIDI ImplementationHave a more complex rig? BigSky offers a complete MIDI implementation to connect to your MIDI gear.
- Remote control any knob, parameter, or switch. Select your presets via MIDI.
- Organize and back up your presets to your Mac or PC using a MIDI to USB adapter and our Librarian software.