USED Strymon TimeLine Multidimensional Delay Pedal
When we decided to create a studio-class stereo delay effects pedal, we knew we must go well beyond what has been done in the past—in sound quality, sonic flexibility, hardware design, and processing power. We spent months locked up in the Strymon sound design labs dreaming up the most spacious, lush, creative, and tweakable delay effects ever heard. It was a monumental task—a relentless study of delays and their nuances... s, and a continuous pursuit of innovative and musically inspirational sounds. Utilizing a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed.
Explore Your Creativity.
TimeLine provides you with twelve unique delay machines, each with extensive control over sonic character and feel. Go from crisp and clear, studio-quality digital delays all the way to the saturated and fluctuating sounds of tape delay machines. Get warm and fuzzy analog style repeats all the way to shimmery, sparkling, and crystalline ice delays.
Tweak to your hearts content and save up to 200 presets of your favorite sounds. Top it all off with full MIDI implementation and a routable, 30-second stereo looper and you’re on your way to delay bliss.
12 Unique Delay Machines
TimeLine provides twelve studio-class, fully tweakable delay machines.
A crystal-clear digital delay that can be endlessly tweaked and enriched with the Filter, Grit, Smear, High Pass, and Modulation controls. A wide range of delay tones can be achieved with this classic “voiced” digital approach. In addition, a non-linear mode allows the repeats to fade more quickly, while still retaining a natural feel.
Two independent delay lines can be configured in series or parallel (right/left split). The second delay has independent Mix, Repeat and Time values, and can also be set to track the first delay’s knob values.
The Pattern machine gives you a variety of multi-tap patterns that span from rhythmic to ambient to percussive and everything in between. Filter, Grit and Mod knobs deliver a wide range of delay experiences.
You play frontwards, it repeats backwards. Your playing triggers the delays, producing predictable, repeatable, and extremely useful reverse effects. Add some Smear to soften the attacks—smearing transients while retaining full frequency response.
The Ice machine slices and dices your input and plays the pieces back with a selectable Interval shift amount—from an octave down to two octaves up, and anywhere in between. You can Blend the ice amount from none to all. Selectable Slice size allows further possibilities, changing the size of audio chunks that get shifted.
Duck — and cover. You get a ducking delay with adjustable Sensitivity and Release Time, along with a switchable Feedback duck option. This allows for a wide variety of dynamic delay effects.
Variable swell time allows you to match the swell with the delay time. Turn the Mix to full wet and turn up the repeats for ethereal ambient effects. Adjust the Rise Time to set the time constant for the swell effect. Add some Smear to soften the attacks—smearing transients while retaining full frequency response.
The Trem delay machine provides you with a synchronized tremolo with Waveshape, Depth and Speed for cool new sounds. Choose from triangle, square, sin, ramp, and saw to vary the delay amplitude.
The Filter delay gives you a synchronized Filter that can be placed before or after the delay. Wave-shape, Depth, Speed, Resonance, and Filter Location are all adjustable parameters. Choose from triangle, square, sin, ramp, saw, random, up, and down to vary the delay amplitude. Limitless filter possibilities!
Crush some bits with the Lo-Fi delay machine. Adjust Bit Depth and Sample Rate while blending the results with the full resolution signal. Select from several hand crafted lo-fi Filters, spanning transistor radios, telephones, phonographic horns, and other “collectibles”. Top it off with our exclusive dVinyl record noise, adding a scratchy record complete with dust and dirt.
The dTape machine delivers the complete experience of sought-after sliding-head tape echo machines, with every attribute relentlessly studied and faithfully recreated. Full control over Tape Age, Wow & Flutter, Tape Crinkle, Tape Bias, Low End Contour, and Tape Speed.
The dBucket machine provides you with a deep and nuanced recreation of analog bucketbrigade style delay types. Two delay time ranges are available, for single or multiple BBD chip delay times. Utilize our exclusive Bucket Loss control, along with dedicated Filter and Mod controls.
200 Built-In Presets
- Are presets your thing? TimeLine gives you the option to instantly save and recall up to 200 of your own presets.
- Easily bank up or down through your presets using the front panel switches. Or select presets externally with a MultiSwitch or MIDI controller.
Expression Pedal Control
Expression Pedal Jack
- Plug in an expression pedal and control any knob or combination of knobs, all saveable per preset.
- Or plug in an external momentary Tap Tempo switch for remote control of your tap tempo.
- TimeLine comes with a built-in 30-second stereo looper, routeable pre- or post-delay.
- Record, overdub, play, and stop are right at your feet.
- Record the delay signal to your loop, or route the looper before your delay and saturate your dry loop in echoey goodness. Super simple to use and a ton of fun.
- You can also control the looper with a MultiSwitch or external MIDI controller to access reverse, half speed, undo-to-initial-loop, and redo functions.
- Switch to Feedback Loop mode and run an external effects pedal in the feedback loop of your TimeLine.
Extensive MIDI Support
- Have a more complex rig? TimeLine offers a complete MIDI implementation to connect to your MIDI gear.
- Sync your delay time to MIDI clock.
- Remote control of any knob, parameter, or switch.
- Select your presets via MIDI. You can even send MIDI messages to the built-in looper.