AKG Lyra Multipattern USB Condenser Microphone
Visually inspired by the studio classic C414 condenser mic, the AKG Lyra is a multipattern USB condenser microphone offering high-definition audio, powerful versatility, and superb simplicity while staying stylish for on-screen appearances. 24-bit / 192 kHz conversion, a built-in shockmount, and internal diffusion yield pristine sonic quality for your recordings, whether you're creating online content, podcasting, vlogging, live streaming, or producing music.
- High-Definition 24-Bit / 192 kHz Audio
- Styled for On-Screen Appeal
- Proprietary Four-Capsule Array
- Four User-Friendly Capture Modes
The Lyra's proprietary Adaptive Capsule Array utilizes four condenser capsules to give you four user-friendly capture modes—front, front and back, tight stereo, and wide stereo—to handle scenarios such as voiceovers, two-person podcasts, side-by-side interviews, studio/live performances, and more. Just connect the Lyra to your Mac/Windows computer or iOS/Android mobile device, and plug in headphones to the 3.5mm port on the bottom of the Lyra; its plug-and-play setup means that there are no drivers to install or software settings to configure.
Easily optimize your signal via the Lyra's onboard controls, which give you intuitive access to the pattern selection, mic gain, headphone volume, and mute switch. Take advantage of the integrated desktop stand and its built-in cable management to place the Lyra on a table, or remove the desktop stand to mount the Lyra on a boom arm or standard mic stand.
Adaptive Four-Capsule ArrayThe Lyra's proprietary Adaptive Capsule Array utilizes four condenser capsules to offer four user-friendly capture modes (polar patterns)—front, front and back, tight stereo, and wide stereo—to accommodate a variety of performances and applications. LED indicators display the capture mode at a glance.
- Front: Isolates the target source from distracting background noise by rejecting unwanted sounds at the microphone back and sides—ideal for spoken word, vocals, and close-miked instruments.
- Front and Back: Captures and blends together sound equally on all sides—ideal for face-to-face interviews and duets.
- Tight Stereo: Captures audio in true stereo, providing discrete left and right audio for great sound separation—ideal for recording side-by-side interviews, panel discussions, drums, or piano.
- Wide Stereo: Captures audio with greater stereo separation, room ambience, and depth—ideal for situations where you want to capture sounds all around the mic, such as documentaries, field recordings, or spontaneous jam sessions.
Plug-and-Play Universal Compatibility
Plug-and-play setup for Mac/Windows computers and iOS/Android devices ensures easy operation; no assembly and no messing with software settings. Simply connect the Lyra to your device with the supplied USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable, a separately available Apple Camera Connection Kit (for Lightning devices), or an optional OTG adapter cable to use it with popular audio and video production software, live streaming, and conferencing applications.
Headphone Monitoring with Zero Latency
When you're speaking, singing, or playing an instrument in the studio, you need to hear yourself and your backing tracks at the same time in order to perform your best. That's why Lyra is equipped with a "zero-latency" 3.5mm headphone jack to eliminate the short delay between when you perform into the microphone and when you hear yourself in the headphones, so you can stay focused on your performance.