Akai Professional MPC Key 61 Standalone Keyboard Workstation with Sampler and Sequencer
Musicians and producers in search of a complete standalone music workstation with an integrated keyboard and drum pads will be thrilled with the Akai Professional MPC Key 61, a revolutionary standalone production synthesizer keyboard that builds upon the impressive MPC lineage. The MPC Key 61 includes advanced, next-generation virtual instruments and effects powered by a Quad-Core ARM processor.
The MPC Key 61 includes 25 plug-in instrument engines at your fingertips with over 6000 cutting-edge presets. Each plug-in instrument features advanced synthesis, deep parameter editing, and modern effects developed for a truly inspiring musical experience, all designed with a fast and vibrant touch interface for an intuitive and compelling workflow.
At a Glance
- 25 cutting-edge instrument plugins
- Expressive 61-key semiweighted keybed with aftertouch
- Powerful 4GB RAM / Quad Core Arm Processor—no need for a computer
- 16 RGB velocity-sensitive MPC drum pads with note repeat
- Assignable touchstrip controller
- 2 mic/line inputs with high-end preamps
- Vibrant 7” color touchscreen with multitouch and gestures
- Audio interface with high-quality AD/DA converters
- Accepts class compliant audio interfaces and MIDI devices
- Sounds button for fast browsing
- Powerful 128 track midi sequencer
- Onboard Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
- 4 assignable Q-Link controller knobs
- Pitch-bend / modulation wheels
- Dedicated transport section
- 4 discrete line outputs
- 8 audio tracks
- 8 CV/gate output jacks for modular integration
Ideal Performance and FeelKeys to Expression
- The MPC Key 61 features an incredibly expressive and playable semiweighted keybed with aftertouch to drive its world-class sounds, with dynamic responsive control. With players and producers in mind, technology and artisanship were combined to breathe inspiration into every performance. The MPC Key 61’s keybed is designed to deliver the highest performance experience possible connecting the dots between sound and feel.
Plug in to a World of Effects
- From essential Studio FX, to mixing and mastering, to vocal tuning and harmony processors, MPC Key 61 includes over 100 state-of-the-art effects, ready to load across your music productions. Insert lush and spacious Reverb and Delay effects to your tracks, add bounce and punch to your drums and mix using modern or vintage style compressors and limiters, or retro-up your sounds and samples with modern day Lo-Fi effects such as Half-speed, Flavor, and Amp Simulations for that slowed down Vinyl feel. In addition to industry-leading sound, each MPC plug-in also features a meticulously crafted user interface resulting in stunning visuals that jump out of the vibrant 7” touchscreen. Experience plugin FX like never before only inside MPC Key 61.
Perfect Tune and Harmony
- MPC Key 61 is the world's first production synthesizer incorporating modern day vocal FX plug-ins which can also be used for the most creative sound design. Fully record and mix the perfect vocals directly inside MPC Key 61’s standalone environment with 2 onboard high-end preamps. Whether you want that modern-day vocal tuning FX sound or the capability of adding 4-part harmonies to your vocals, the AIR Vocal Suite delivers the ultimate plug-in tools featured across all contemporary music. From Rap, Pop, and R&B vocal effects to adding textures to your samples—the sky’s the limit.
Touchstrip for Hands-on Control
- The onboard assignable Touchstrip Controller is a catalyst for new ways to control and interact with your own signature sounds. Bend, warp, and manipulate sounds in real-time in ways no other synthesizer can. Touch-capacitive assignable real-time Q-Link controls allow for endless creative ingenuity. Q-Links are already intelligently and automatically premapped advantageously, but reassigning them to virtually any parameter or synth element opens worlds of new creative energy for production and performance.
- Dedicated Pitchbend and Modulation wheels mean an added touch of expression to elevate your compositions. Bend the notes of your synth and lead sounds in Fabric XL, add gentle vibrato to your stringed instruments in Session Strings, or dial in the speed of the Organ plug-in’s rotary Leslie cabinet and hear your organ parts swell with wide chorused tremolo. The Mod and Pitch wheels bring depth and dimension to any MPC Key 61 keyboard part.
The Full MPC Experience: Ultimate Sequencing Workflow
- The MPC sequencing workflow is simply unmatched. With 128 tracks of internal and external MIDI, Keygroup Instruments, Clip Launching, and 8 plug-in instruments and audio tracks, MPC standalone has the power to capture any musical production. The responsive color touch display stands up to any task, like editing notes on the drum grid, triggering Step Sequencer events, writing/editing automation, and more. The MPC sequencing workflow is the most advanced and integrated standalone system available for today’s modern music creators.
30 Years of Legendary Sampling
- From over 30 years of genre-defining sampling technology, MPC Key 61 brings the Full MPC sampling experience only Akai Professional can deliver. MPC Key 61 is the world's first true “sampling production synthesizer” with unparalleled sampling features from the leading MPC Line. From advanced sampling, sample slicing, and multi-sample layering, to capturing vintage synths using our award-winning (Auto Sampling) technology and time stretching, the only limit is your imagination. Built-in microphone preamps with high-end converters combined with Vintage MPC60 and MPC3000 emulation plugins bring sampling capabilities to an unprecedented level.
The Ultimate Feel and Groove
- The 16-velocity sensitive RGB pads on MPC Key 61 are the same award-winning pads as the MPC One. In addition to the iconic MPC pads are the renowned Time Correct, Swing, and Quantize features of MPC that continue to endure as mainstays of modern music production. The always-popular Note Repeat makes hi-hats and other percussion elements sizzle and swerve through any track while Full Level and 16 Levels add pitch and variety to any drum or melodic sample.