Audient ID44 MkII 20x24 Desktop USB Audio Interface
The Performance of an Audient Console Straight to Your Desktop
Simplify your recording process and attain a professional sound with the Audient iD44 MkII, a high-performance 20x24 USB audio interface designed by respected experts for musicians, producers, bands, and project studio engineers. Styled with a beautiful smoke-grey finish, it expands on the performance of its predecessor with a 9 dB improvement in the ADCs' THD+N figure, the addition of Audio Loop-back, and the incorporation of a dual headphone amp. The combination of these enhancements alongside four Audient Console mic preamps, class-leading converters, ADAT expandability, and balanced inserts means the iD44 MkII delivers the audio performance of a large-format Audient console straight to your desktop, at a budget-friendly cost.
Audient iD44 MkII at a Glance
- 4 Class-A Audient console mic preamplifiers, 2 discrete 1/4" JFET instrument inputs, 2 fully balanced inserts
- Class-leading AD/DA converters, 24-bit / 96 khz audio
- 2 S/PDIF or 8-Channel ADAT optical I/O for digital expansion
- 2 independent Class-AB headphone output channels with options for 1/4" and 3.5mm headphone jacks
- Main and Alt speaker outputs, Audio Loop-Back function
- ScrollControl wheel, 3 user-defined function keys, dedicated talkback, dim, and cut controls
- Low-latency DSP mixer, wordclock output, standalone mode
- All-metal enclosure
- Comes bundled with a wide array of free software and plug-ins
Four Class-A Microphone Preamps
The iD44 MkII incorporates four Class-A mic preamps with the same discrete circuit design found in the company's renowned recording console the ASP8024-HE. The circuitry delivers ultralow noise and low distortion, yielding a fast, open, and detailed sonic signature with a touch of classic analog warmth.
Offering an incredible 126 dB of dynamic range and 112 dB of THD+N, the iD44 MkII's class-leading ADC converters have been designed to deliver an honest and natural translation of your audio, helping you hear subtle details, identify problematic issues, and make better mix decisions.
16-Channel Digital I/O Expansion, More Possibilities
Easily configure your studio to tackle bigger sessions. Equipped with two optical input and output connectors, the iD44 MkII gives you plenty of options for expansion. Supporting both ADAT and S/PDIF, boost your I/O by adding up to 16 channels of mic preamps to your setup.
Balanced Inserts for Hardware Integration
Integrate your favorite outboard FX prior to conversion and start creating customized signal chains. The balanced insert returns give you direct access to the A/D converters, providing the cleanest signal path possible and making it great for print-backs or integrating outboard line-level sources.
- Track and mix with hardware FX
- Bypass built-in mic preamps and record with external mic pres
JFET Instrument Inputs
Designed to replicate the input stage of a classic valve amplifier, the iD44 MkII features two harmonically rich JFET 1/4" instrument inputs giving you the perfect sonic foundation for your guitars or basses before you hit your amp sims.
Two Speaker Outputs
Connect and listen to your mixes through two sets of speakers with the iD44 MkII's four line outputs. Alternatively use the extra line outputs to send audio to an external headphone amp for distribution to your artists.
Two Independent Headphone Outputs
Easily record and collaborate with others by utilizing the iD44 MkII's two individual stereo headphone amps, both providing more than enough power for your headphones to perform accurately. With two 1/4" jacks and a 3.5mm mini-jack, three sets of headphones can be plugged in at once.
Audio Loop-Back for Podcasts and Streaming
Now equipped with Audio loop-back, the iD44 MkII gives you the ability to capture playback from multiple applications on your computer at the same time as your microphones. Audio loop-back lets you create a custom audio feed ready to send to your streaming software. Ideal for content creators, podcasters, and streamers.
- Record your computer's audio
- Send audio to live streams
- Collaborate on mixes online
- Record gaming audio
Included Software to Get You Started
The iD44 MkII comes bundled with a wide array of free software and plug-ins, giving you easy access to powerful creative tools straight away.
- Cubase and Cubasis LE 3: music-creation software from Steinberg
- Retrologue 2: classic analog synth from Steinberg
- M-Tron Select: digital emulation of the classic Mellotron
- Torpedo Wall of Sound: highly realistic cab simulation from Two Notes
- Produce Like a Pro: three free online courses plus 10% off your next course
- Loopcloud: access to 2GB of professionally produced samples, as well as a 30-day free trial and 100 credits when registering an Audient product
- Waldorf Edition 2 LE