Brandenburg VA-1180 Step Up Viola Outfit, 15"
The Brandenburg 1180 Viola has a wonderfully dynamic sound that is balanced from string to string. It boasts a subtly flamed back and has been made from a MUCH higher quality wood than the 880 models. The 1180 Violin has had more time invested into it overall, with a more finely graduated top, painstaking spirit varnish (as opposed to a spray clear coat poly finish), and paired with a dart case and Carboni black fiberglass bow.
The Brandenburg line is the best student level instrument available for the price. All Brandenburg 1100 Series step-up instruments are hand-carved with a strong solid maple back, even-grained spruce top, commercial spirit varnish, Witner tailpieces and high-quality ebony fingerboards and fittings.
At A Glance
- Solid hand carved seasoned spruce top
- Solid hand carved seasoned maple sides and back
- Ebony pegs, custom-fitted
- Ebony fingerboard, planed and even
- Genuine Wittner tailpiece and Sacconi loop
- Carboni fiberglass bow for better response and durability, black
- Dart case with handle
- Set up with D'addario Helicore strings - $60 value
- One year materials and workmanship warranty
- ProCare is available on this product for complete maintenance and damage coverage
How is the 1180 Viola different from the 880 series?
- Carefully carved in a small shop, this is not an assembly line import
- Hand-rubbed spirit varnish opens up the wood, allowing for more dynamic range compared to the spray-on poly finish of the 880
- The antiqued finish makes each instrument unique
- A more finely graduated spruce top allows for a more complex and pleasing tone
- Dart case offers excellent protection
- The lightweight fiberglass bow is stronger and faster and resonates better than the heavier Brazilwood bow that comes with our standard violas
Our violas arrive to you set up and ready to play with the bridge adjusted, the pegs fitted, and the sound post set properly. Private teacher recommended, one year warranty here in the store. You will love it!