Strauss "Super 70" Intermediate Tenor Saxophone Outfit, Matte Antique Lacquer
Truly hand-crafted by some of the best artisans available, our Strauss Super 70 Series Tenor Saxophone delivers just what private teachers and advancing players have asked for: a balanced, rich, and powerful tone from an instrument that's VERY easy to play. Free-blowing, accurate intonation, and backed by a family-owned business with over 39 years of experience, we are very proud to offer this made-to-order tenor sax for your consideration.
We upgraded this model with features normally found in the $3200+ price points from Selmer and Cannonball, and are very happy to keep our "Dirt Cheep" reputation rock solid with this horn's price, but offering the same 5 Year Warranty as the top brands in the world. This tenor competes favorably with a Selmer S80 Series II.
Premium features include:
- Unique antique finish, similar to a 70-year-old Selmer Mark VI, allowing amazing response across the entire range and impressive power
- Drawn tone holes, not soldered, maintain the resonant continuity the entire length of the horn
- Threaded tenon on the neck, creates pleasing turbulence noticed by advanced players when flipping up to higher registers
- Wrap-around thumb rest is a unique design for maximum comfort
- Double armed bow and bell keys add stability and lower the lifetime cost of keeping the horn in adjustment
- Left-hand stack "speaker" key improves resonance on the C and C#
- Adjustable palm key heights allow advanced players to customize to their preference
- Real mother of pearl finger buttons
- Deluxe BAM-style professional case
- Padded neck strap included
- 5 Year Warranty, serviced by us: no shipping, no endless wait times, no paperwork needed. This warranty covers defects in the material or workmanship. Cases and straps have no warranty. Pro Care is available for an additional charge so that all of your service, cleaning, adjustments, or accident repairs are covered at no out-of-pocket cost.
This horn is hand-made, and made to order, but we typically keep a very small stock here at our Smyrna store. Free store pick-up is available the same-day. Call us with any questions, 770-433-0196.